THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Huswifery Edward Taylor

Huswifery by Edward Taylor

Make me, O Lord, thy Spinning Wheele compleat; Thy Holy Worde my Distaff make for mee. Make mine Affections thy Swift Flyers neate, And make my Soule thy holy Spoole to bee. My Conversation make to be thy Reele, And reele the yarn thereon spun of thy Wheele. Make me thy Loome then, knit therein this Twine: And make thy Holy Spirit, Lord, winde quills: Then weave the Web thyselfe. The yarn is fine. Thine Ordinances make my Fulling Mills. Then dy the same in Heavenly Colours Choice, All pinkt with Varnish't Flowers of Paradise. Then cloath therewith mine Understanding, Will, Affections, Judgment, Conscience, Memory; My Words and Actions, that their shine may fill My wayes with glory and thee glorify. Then mine apparell shall display before yee That I am Cloathd in Holy robes for glory.

Reflections:
This is a poem that causes critical thinking, especially threw the symbolism that the author uses, such as the relationship between this man at a spinning wheel and completing his cloth to him wanting GOD in his life and wanting to become a change man.

Dear Diary,

I am aware that my dearest friend is seeking a closer connection with God and I need to be there to help, but there is one problem; I don't know where to start because only you as a person is able to identify where you stand with GOD....So I think I got it. I am going to tell him that he has to decide what he wants from GOD and that it shall come to pass with his belief in faith. Thanks....





Edward Taylor

EXTENSION

1 comments:

Keisha Cousins-Lil' Sparrow said...

Lillian,

This is a wonderful political cartoon for this particular subject, but I'm sure it would be that much better if you explained the cartoon in a paragraph.